Sunday, April 3, 2011

#12 Conference week

Conference didn't work out for me due to my work schedule and not being able to get off work.  I really was hoping I could make it happen but it didn't.  I was really hoping to have some time to spend on homework and studying but ended up working the whole week.  I have had to cut back my work and make sure I am putting my schoolwork ahead of everything else.

It has been such a crazy experience to hear about and work with dennis and ALS.  I have found that there are so many variables to neurodegenerative disease.  Working on the service learning and information has really helped appreciate the simple things that we do without thinking that a healthy body can do for us. 

This has a lot of meaning to me as a nurse.  The experience of working with a patient who is going though something like ALS has been very benifitial so that I can know what type of nurse I would like to be and how nursing will effect my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment